Freezing Cakes

0
Share
Pin
Save
Follow
Print

Make cupcakes and freeze without frosting. Put in individual plastic bags when freezing. Add to lunches; they will thaw out in time for lunch.

By it's.only.me from NE PA

5 Questions

There are only two of us. When mixing up a boxed cake, can I freeze half the batter to bake later?

Answers

Best Answer

I don't think it would work very well, since you usually add oil and eggs. I'm all alone, and what I do to use boxed cake mix, is to measure out the dry mix into 1/2 size portions of the dry mix, and store them in small tightly sealed containers. Then it's easy to add just half the water, oil and eggs, to make only half a cake at a time. You might also like to know, that you CAN bake a cake in a microwave, using a glass pie dish or a silicone cake pan. You only need to bake it at high power for about 2 - 3 minutes. If you look up a recipe for "Mug Cake" on the internet, you can also make individual cakes in coffee mugs using ingredients you already have at home and don't need to buy cake mixes, which have preservatives, artificial flavoring, and other ingredients that won't be in homemade mug cakes. Here are two sites to start you off if interested:

34 Best Mug Cake Recipes - Microwavable Mug Cake Ideas www.countryliving.com food-drinks mug-cakes

Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe | Allrecipes www.allrecipes.com ... Cakes Chocolate Cake Recipes

Enjoy your cakes !!!!! Don't forget to add a little ice cream.

Best Answer

Much easier to make the cake and freeze it (wrap well in wax paper, then plastic bag or a good seal plastic container).

Batter does not freeze well. It can be done, but it often has a weird texture when baked after being frozen.

Answer this Question

Can you freeze a cake that has sour cream in it?

By Iris from Anderson, SC

Answers

You sure can. I wrap my in a couple layers of plastic wrap then heavy duty foil.
Try going on: stilltasty.com
Great site for anything you have in the kitchen.

I am sure you can, but why don't you freeze a piece first to make sure.

You can freeze any kind of cake.

Answer this Question

Can you freeze baked cakes in the cake pan or should you remove the cake and wrap in wax or foil to freeze?

By Rosemary

Answers

I'd remove the cake from the pan, wrap and then freeze it.

I have been decorating cakes for about 10 years. I take the cakes out of the oven and turn out of the pan. Let it cool for about 5 - 10 min. While it is still warm I wrap in plastic wrap and then freeze. This keeps the moisture in the cake and makes it very moist. Frost it frozen. It doesnt take long for it to thaw. But if you keep it frozen you wont get the crumbs on the top of the frosting.

I use those aluminium loaf tins when I want to freeze cakes with their own special "lids" so they can be sealed. Cook them on a metal cookie sheet, seems to make the cakes cook better. Then leave them in the loaf tins to cool, put the lids on and write what they are and the date. I then put them in a plastic bag as well to make sure they are definitely sealed. If you freeze them in a cake pan, that means that unless you have a huge amount of cake pans, you have lost the use of the pan.

Answer this Question

Can you freeze cakes and cupcakes? If so for how long?

By Dotti

Answers

You can, my mother froze banana bread muffins with icing. She wrapped them in wax paper and froze them in a rubber made type bowl. Obviously you really can't wrap something with a thick icing but you could put them in an air tight bowl and freeze them. Use a microwave to thaw cupcakes.

A cake might be a bit difficult but it must be possible. Couples have been freezing the tops of wedding cakes for years and saving the cake for their first year anniversary.

Yes, I was about to say the same thing. You can freeze them for a long time. You'll be fine.

Answer this Question
Food and Recipes Freezing Baked GoodsJanuary 12, 2013
🌻
👔
👒
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Freezing-Cakes-2.html