Freezing Oysters

Category Seafood
Oysters, whether cooked, raw in the shell, or shucked can all be frozen following the recommended method for each situation. This is a guide about freezing oysters.

I breaded and fried fresh oysters, but there are too many to eat now. Can I freeze and reheat them with the same flavor intact and how do I do that?

By Jeanne

Answers

After buying a quart of fresh oysters for oyster stuffing I had a pint left over and fried them up in a batter and they were delicious! I found the best way to freeze them is to use wax paper for separation during freezing.

To reheat: preheat your oven to 400 degrees, do not thaw the oysters and bake them on a cookie sheet for about 15 minutes or until they're golden brown and a bit crispy. You don't want them soggy so keep checking them until they're sizzling and crisp. Worked great and they did not dry out at all!

Here is a way to fry them:

Heat a frying pan with a tight fitting lid to medium heat and add 2 Tbsp. margarine. Take out as many as you want, place in the pan and let brown for 3 minutes. Flip the oysters, turn up the heat to high, pour in 2 Tbsp.

water and cover with the lid. Fry for 4 minute Take off the lid (the heat from the steam will cook the oysters). Their should be a cloud of steam when you take off the lid. The oysters will now be soft. Cook for another 3 min on each side.

how do you freeze breaded cooked oysters