Freezing Water Bottles?

Any suggestions on freezing water bottles? Mine keep cracking. I tried using less water and it still cracked. How can I keep the water cold all day?

By Olga

You can get a thicker plastic water bottle at DollarTree to reuse. The thin plastic they use in bottled water does crack easy.

I hate to use the plastic bottles. I just don't like the chemical make-up or the plastic 'syndrome'. But when I did use plastic bottles for just the same thing, I always put about 1 inch of water in, freeze and then fill with water when I want to use it. It lasts a good while that way.

I now use the glass bottles or the metal ones and do the same thing.

I use the ones from Juice, Gatorade, Flavored water and such. They are so thick you almost can't dent them when you press on them.

And yes, filling them up half way and then freezing them does the trick. Then the next morning, you fill the rest of the way with water.

Do you cap the water bottles before putting in the freezer? Leave the caps off until you take them out. And filling just half or less before freezing is a good idea, too. Good cold water most of the day.

I freeze water all the time. The suggestions above are really good. Leave the cap off and only fill them half full. Also, when I freeze them, I lay the bottle in the freezer on an angle. Make sure the water doesn't spill out and freeze it on about a 45 degree angle. That way when you put water in on top of the ice, more of the water comes in to contact with the ice and you get nice cold water quickly.

Use a different kind of plastic bottle. Mine work fine.

Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesJuly 12, 2012
🌻
🐛
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Freezing-Water-Bottles.html