Love the cheese sauce over the fresh cauliflower. Very, very good!
- 1 lg. head cauliflower, separated into flowerettes
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp. melted butter
- 3/4 cup prepared pancake mix
- 3/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1 bottle oil for deep frying
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- dash pepper
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook cauliflower in boiling salted water only 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Combine egg, milk, butter and pancake mix.
- Dip cauliflower in pancake batter, then roll in bread crumbs.
- Place on rack until ready to fry. This may be prepared several hours before frying.
- Heat oil in electric skillet to 375 F.
- Fry cauliflower in hot oil until golden brown.
- Serve with cheese sauce.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in saucepan.
- Blend in 3 tablespoons flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and a dash of pepper.
- Add 1 1/4 cups milk.
- Cook until smooth and thickened.
- Add cheese.
- Stir until melted.
By Robin from Washington, IA