Frugal Cat Treats

Category Food
Sometimes you need help disguising your cat's medication, and don't want to spend a lot of money on special food for this purpose. This guide contains frugal cat treats.

When cookout season is over you most likely will find condiments and hot dogs marked down so it is definitely time to stock up! My cat (Omen) LOVES me to slice her a hot dog into her dish for a snack ! The cost of kitty treats is near $3 for a small pouch vs. a pack of hot dogs for 79 cents!

By Veronica from Sedalia, Missouri

Does anyone have a recipe for cat treats? I have to give one of my cats a pill every day and the purchased treats for this purpose are expensive.

By nancy mckendrick from east Detroit, MI

Answers

http://www.reci  rch&Searcht=

I use canned tuna; usually 5 cans for $4.00 and a can goes a long way. Make sure the pill soaks up some of the juice, so it tastes and smells like tuna. Usually half a teaspoon at a time is enough.

When I have to give one of my cats a pill, I grind the pill up and put it in canned food. At one time I had to do this so often I actually bought a mortar and pestle, but you can to it with the bottom of a glass.

I do have a recipe for cat treats at home, but they weren't that crazy about it. If you still want it, let me know and I will look it up.

I got tired of buying Temptations cat treats at $3 each. I decided to try to trick my cats by saving the empty bags and fill them up with The Goodlife Recipe cat food. Cats love it, but not for a steady diet. Feed them healthier cat food and a treat once or twice per day.

I bought a 16 lbs bag of this stuff for $14, and got a 5 gal bucket with a lid. This stuff will stay fresh for a long time. By doing this, I am spending about 2-3 per month instead of $3 per day or two for a bag of temptations for my 6 cats. Problem solved!