GE Ice Maker Leaks Water

I can see water from the fill line going into the ice maker. The water just pours into the icemaker and then instantly into the freeezer to the floor. What causes this?

By Robert

Are you sure it is your icemaker? We had a problem with ice forming on the bottom of our freezer and finally figured out it was too much stuff in our freezer compartment. When we cleaned out most of the frozen goods it has not leaked again. Just a thought!

I have the same problem what was the solution

bottom load freezer, ice maker is leaking

It sounds like the fill valve is no longer functioning. They are easy to replace though. Find the part number for your refrigerator and order one. To replace, unplug the unit and turn off the water supply. Take the rear cover off of the refrigerator and locate the valve(See where the water supply line enters).

Disconnect the water lines and the electrical harness. Remove the screw which holds the fill valve and discard. Install new valve and reconnect the wire harness and waterlines. Test the new valve and you should be in business.

Could be that the size/adjust screw was moved? If so turn screw to minus - should be clockwise. If not try trouble shooting fill valve...

Hi
I have the same problem. Please advise where the size/adjust screw is located?
Thanks

Anonymous

My leak I recently repaired was the fill tube through the back of freezer is not covered on top. More of a trough. It was splashing out of tube when filling ice tray. I used a 1" heat shrink tubing and completely enclosed tube. No more leaks and no more frozen fan in freezer

My leak I recently repaired was the fill tube through the back of freezer is not covered on top. More of a trough.

It was splashing out of tube when filling ice tray. I used a 1" heat shrink tubing and completely enclosed tube. No more leaks and no more frozen fan in freezer