SnacksRecipes

Garlic Furikake Popcorn

bowl of Garlic Furikake Popcorn
This is a great twist on regular popcorn. It's laced with browned garlic oil and furikake, which is a lovely dried seaweed and toasted sesame seed topping. Furikake is most widely used as a topping on white rice in Japan, but I think it's absolutely scrumptious on popcorn. It can come in many flavours, some spicy, some sweet, and some with flaked fish. I love them all! You can find furikake in the Asian aisles of most grocery stores and on several online shops.

Total Time: 8 minutes

Yield: 4 servings

ingredients

1. Heat oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until browned and crisp.
  2. garlic & olive oil in pan
  3. Immediately drizzle garlic and its oil into the bowl of popcorn and toss well.
  4. pouring garlic oil on Popcorn
  5. Sprinkle about 3 tablespoons of furikake into popcorn while stirring. It will stick to the garlic oil. Serve immediately.
  6. shaking Furikake on Popcorn

You have the best recipes!!! Thanks for sharing!! You got my vote. I will have to see if I can find furikake in Pittsburgh! I never heard of it! I like your description!

Thank you!!! I really think you'll like it very much. Mmm now I think I'll have some on rice :)

Food and Recipes Recipes SnacksMarch 5, 2019
🎂
🌻
🎃