Getting Another Puppy After Having One with Parvo

I got an 8 week old puppy from the Humane Society in October 2017. He was good. Then when he got sick and tested positive for parvo I surrendered him. I cleaned my house with half bleach and half water and threw all the puppy stuff out. Would it be safe to get another puppy? I put bleach in the front yard. What else can I do?

Best Answer

If you have cleaned the home and yard good with bleach this should be fine. However, before bringing the dog home make sure you have all the shots. When these shots are first given the vet will warn you that your dog won't be protected for up to 48 hours. I'd made sure the dog is well protected before bringing home.

Thank You A lot! Im just still getting post some say No still parvo there?? Still confused!! I have not got another puppy yet! Thanks for all the post! Keep them coming. Ty Betty

Parvo can live for 6 months inside and a year outside. I would wait.

Thank you!!