Getting Gum Out of a Dryer

How do you remove melted chewing gum from a dryer?

By Katrina

Try freezing it with ice cubes first till hard, then you should probably be able to chip it away.

Good luck!

Massage a small dab of creamy peanut butter on it and wipe away. WD-40 on a paper towel may be just as good.

Believe it or not, use a fabric softener dryer sheet. It happened to me and I found this tip on another website. Just rub and it works like magic.

I tried the dryer sheets but difficult if whole drum is coated. This worked for me. Put a soaking wet large beach towel in dryer along with 6 wet fabric softener dryer sheets.

Run dryer on low heat for 90 minutes. This removed almost all of the gum. I had only a couple of spots to work on after that.

Yes! If you have a dryer covered in gum use the process suggested by the "becky" -- 6 dryer sheets and *soaking* towel (I used one bath size and a second hand towel for better coverage). I did have to scrape the large deposits of gum and had to do the process twice but it worked. Success!

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesJune 4, 2010
💘
🍀