Removing Gum from the Dryer

0
Share
Save
Follow
Print

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 297 Posts

A dryer full of clothing.To remove chewing gum from the inside of the dryer, take a dryer sheet and wet with water. Stick the wet dryer sheet on top of the gummy mess and leave there for 15 minutes, then wipe the gum off. This is fast and easy.

Source: My brother gave us this tip.

By Monica from Cortez, CO

More Solutions

To get gum out of the dryer, I just used a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (50% stronger one). This worked better for me than the dryer sheet method which I tried first. First, wet the sponge, then scrub in circular motion. If too stubborn to come off go over again.

When I found the gum, I didn't want to put a chemical in my dryer, nor did I want to scrape it with a knife and an ice cube. Here is how I got gum out of my dryer fast.

16 Questions

How do you remove melted chewing gum from a dryer?

By Katrina

Answers

Bronze Request Medal for All Time! 65 Requests

Try freezing it with ice cubes first till hard, then you should probably be able to chip it away.

Good luck!

Massage a small dab of creamy peanut butter on it and wipe away. WD-40 on a paper towel may be just as good.

Believe it or not, use a fabric softener dryer sheet. It happened to me and I found this tip on another website. Just rub and it works like magic.

I tried the dryer sheets but difficult if whole drum is coated. This worked for me. Put a soaking wet large beach towel in dryer along with 6 wet fabric softener dryer sheets.

Run dryer on low heat for 90 minutes. This removed almost all of the gum. I had only a couple of spots to work on after that.

Yes! If you have a dryer covered in gum use the process suggested by the "becky" -- 6 dryer sheets and *soaking* towel (I used one bath size and a second hand towel for better coverage). I did have to scrape the large deposits of gum and had to do the process twice but it worked. Success!

Answer this Question

How do I get gum out of my dryer? It was left in someones pocket and went though the washer and then the dryer. Needless to say, it's stuck on the dryer walls.

By Deena P.

Answers

Fingernail polish remover, or acetone. I'd throw a few white wet washcloths or rags in the dryer for a cycle after you're done removing the gum, so you don't accidentally pull the color out of clothes you've just washed in the next dry cycle. Plus, it will help dissipate the fumes.

Depends if it's in a few places or spun all over the place. I would start with making that room as cold as possible then use a stiff, sharp, plastic ended spatula to scrap the gum off. If it's cold enough, it wiil even "pop" right off. If it's warm, of course, it will just smear it around all the worse.

If it's all over the drum, the acetone idea is pretty good too. Just make sure you put it on the rag and don't pour it in the drum (could dissolve plastic parts). The same would go if you used brake cleaner or carburetor spray. With any of these chemicals, open the windows and ventilate that room well. That is because of the explosion factor as well as fume damage to your lungs and light-headedness.
Best of luck
Mike

Answer this Question

How do you get pink, sticky, caked gum out of your dryer?

By Pam

Answers

Rub the gum area with ice cubes in a plastic baggie. Should harden enough to flake off with your fingernails. Use a wet rag to clean up flakes.

Been there, done that! I was ready to wring my son's neck. Then I found a tip online saying to use a dryer fabric softener sheet. I couldn't believe how well it works.

Use it dry and just rub. It also works great on the sticky soap gunk that builds up around the edge of the washing machine.

Answer this Question

A pack of gum is stuck in my dryer. How do I take it off?

By Mary

Answers

Have you tried using peanut butter or mayonnaise. Put a dab on a small scrubby sponge and in a circling motion scrub on sticky area until it loosens.

Answer this Question

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts

My son did his laundry and forgot to take out some strawberry flavored gum. The fabrics were varied, but all are light colored. He put it in the dryer and I now have pink stains on the clothes, and some gum stuck in the dryer. How do I fix this?

By Judy from NY

Answers

same lol

Answer this Question

I found a solution to get dried gum out of my dryer. It was to use a washcloth and the liquid Shout it Out.

Getting dried gum out of a dryer? Downy, straight Downy fabric softener.

How do you remove chewing gum from the dryer?

There is gum all over the barrel of my clothes dryer. Help, how do I get this off?

My sons pants went through the dryer with gum in the pocket. How do I get the gum off the dryer wall?

Gum left in child's pocket was washed and dried. Now the gum is stuck on the inside walls of my dryer.

Load More

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesDecember 2, 2012
🎆
🌻
👔
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf554973.tip.html