Getting Rid of Centipedes Inside Naturally

I need a home remedy to get rid of centipedes. I found one in my house and I have a cat and don't want to put anything chemical out that might hurt the cat. Any suggestions as to what I can use to get rid of centipedes?

By Connie

Do you actually have centipedes? We called them 'Thousandleggers'. Here is a good website to determine which one you have: http://lancaste  llipede012.shtml

If you have milipedes - those ones with a hard shell and curl up if disturbed or dead, here's a little known remedy, and it's natural. Who knows? It might also work on thousandleggers/centipedes, too. Tobacco dust. I don't know where to get it because it was in the 50's we had millipedes, but my dad got tobacco dust (back then, there were a lot of tobacco warehouses) and laid down a trail across every doorway and outside window sill.

It absolutely worked! it was explained to me that the tobacco dust gets in their 'segments' when they crawl across it and it kills them. And of course, I'm sure your cat will avoid tobacco dust, too. Unless it's a kitten and they are nosy about everything.

Diatomaceous Earth is a great way to get rid of any bug. You have the option of buying the food grade so if you place it somewhere that someone (your child or your pet) might get it in their mouth, it will not hurt them. It is effective on all kinds of bugs which means it will work on ants, bugs, beetles, crickets, centipedes, roaches, spiders and more. It dehydrates bugs. However it does not work fast, it will take some time.

I cannot tell you exactly how long. I watched a roach get into it and it slowed him down but did not kill him instantly. Afterwards I found a roach dehydrated and dead. So diatomaceous earth is what I would suggest for someone who wants to kill bugs naturally or for someone who has a pet. It is available at any hardware store or online and is very affordable, 1lb food grade diatomaceous earth for $9.99.