Getting Rid of Flea Eggs

My head was itching and when I scratched my head, I found a flea. I immediately took a shower and washed my hair very thoroughly. I didnt find any more fleas but when I scratched my head again, under my fingernails I found little black spots. I know for a fact that they are not head lice or hatched fleas. Are they flea eggs? What are they? How do I treat them?

By Rebecca

Best Answer

If they are nits from lice, you can do the same killing with Mayonnaise.
You may want to keep a few of them inside a folded up piece of clear tape, sealed on all four sides, and do a google search that identifies them for you. Match the photo with the tape and you will have the problem half solved. Other than that, you may want to seek webmd.com help for skin problems. I hope this helped.

Anonymous
Best Answer

If your daughter has lice and nits in her hair it is a long process to get rid of those as well. You can use Mayo to kill the lice. You will then have to go through and pic off every single nit out of her hair. You will also need to wash all bedding and vacuum everything. If she has stiffed animals she likes to sleep with those need to be put into black trash bags and tied off for 48-72 hours to kill and live lice that might have crawled on them.

Also one place that most people forget to check are car seats and car head rests those should be vacuumed as well. Once you have killed all the lice and removed all the nits from her hair you need to have someone check your hair as well. And repeat the process after a few days you will need to check her hair again, to make sure you didn't miss any. Lice are just as hard to get rid of as fleas are. I wish you all the best.

Best Answer

The black flakes or specs are their fecal matter (gross) but are not the fleas themselves. Showering should kill them, as you've seen, but it helps to shampoo, and bathe in general, with something containing natural essential oils, like tea tree.

Cider Vinegar also apparently works as well.

They are nits and you need to kill those eggs with a special shampoo and then comb them out with a special comb, go to drug store for help

that picture looks like what my daughter and have we spent two weeks in Florida went to drug store to buy lice shampoo florida pharmacist suggested head and shoulders would kill them
i got home purchased lice shampoo today treated my daughter waited the required ten minutes after treating my daughter it didn't seem to kill them i need help/advice the adults look like a brown bug that is sort of see through i have tried lice shampoo and head and shoulders shampoo is there any other way to get rid of these pests?

Anonymous

Head & Shoulders w sulfer.

Lice are becoming immune to the otc stuff
Get your Pediatrician to write a prescription for sklice or another prescription lice treatment. Good luck, stay persistent.

Anonymous

It may be the feces of a flea. Try placing a drop of water on some. If it turns red, it probably is.

The red color is digested blood. I would then try to get rid of them. I learned this from my vet.

Lil black spots are lil fleas. I'may still figuring out how to get rid of mine.

Little black spots are most likely flea dirt, aka flea poop

It is "flea dirt" also know as poop. The insect consumes blood and flea dirt comes out. These little blood suckers also leave a tiny bit of blood after a meal and it dries dark, when you scratch your scalp, you get the stuff under your nails

All it is is feces, as long as you wash it out itll be fine

The eggs are not black. What you found is flea dirt (poop)