Getting Rid of Fleas in Human Hair

I've read other questions and answers, but nothing will work for me. I have very thick, wiry, curly hair that I can't get a comb through. I refuse to dye my hair because of it's rare red color. What do I do? I'm at this point at a loss and I don't know how I got the fleas. I've read up everywhere and they are human fleas. I'm the only one in my house that has them and my boyfriend doesn't have them either. I haven't physically seen a flea in about a week, but I still have the black dots I read they are called "flea dirt". I hope someone can help.

Thank you!

~Circus

Any lice treatment should work for human hair.

If you have tried everything, it may be time to call your PCP and see if he/she can help or recommends a dermatologist. If you feel you have sites that are getting infected (red, warm) you may need to go to urgent care as this means there may be infection. Prayers for healing for you!! Post back with an update!