Getting Rid of Fleas in Human Hair

I have seen the treatments for the pets and the home, but how do we get them out of our hair? My granddaughter and I have it the worst. The guys just shave their heads, we can't do that, although, how we would love to. We have tried washing our hair with Dawn that is great for a day or two, but then they come back. It is so embarrassing, and annoying as well. Can someone please tell me how we can get them out of our hair for good.

By Susan B

Best Answer

Smother head in hair conditioner. Then comb it through and it brings the nits out with it. Rinse afterwards. You may have to repeat in a day or so but it's much better than using chemicals. Use a fine toothed comb.

Go to store and by Nix lice remover. Follow directions on box. Humans don't get fleas they get lice.

I did a Google search. On Wikipedia it stated baking soda smothers fleas. For carpets put the baking soda on and leave for a couple of days. Then vacuum.

I would try it for hair. Just rub the baking soda in your hair and leave it in for a day. Then wash your hair with Dawn Detergent and see what happens.