Getting Rid of Flies

How do jugs of water placed around your yard help deter flies? I see them everywhere, and does this really work?

By Mary

I never heard of putting jugs of water around. I have heard of putting water in a ziplock bag and then hanging it by the door. It works a little. I read you can put lavender oil on paper or a cloth and it works real good. Just make sure you reapply the the lavender oil about once a week.

The flashing of sunlight in the water in the plastic bags is supposed to startle the flies into staying away. I don't know if this works or not. I do not put much faith in these sorts of solutions, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

Bottles of water around the yard has nothing to do with flies, it is deter cats and sogs from entering and using your garden as a toilet.