Getting Rid of Gnats in My Carpet?

I noticed that I had gnats flying around in my room, 1 or 2 here and there. Then I saw something on my carpet trim and when I pulled the carpet back a little, I saw that there were at least 80 or more larvae. I assume that they are gnat larvae. Well I used a bleach water mixure and sprayed it on them, but they were still moving. I eventually made sure to kill them all, but I have never seen this before and was wondering what you knew about it and what I can do to prevent it.

Best Answer

Gnats flying around in homes are usually fungus gnats that lay their eggs in moist plant soil. The larvae you saw were not from fungus gnats. They could have been from silverfish, various beetles, earwigs, etc.

Did you get rid of those gnats? If you have flying bugs of anytype, put up that tape they sell from drug store. We had a more than a few flys outside our door for some reason and they are there NO MORE- thanks to the tape. I even hung one up by the back door close to the kitchen... Flys/gnats are disgusting. Praying you get Peace with this Carpet.

I've tried the following to get rid of pests that resemble gnats or fruit flies: apple cider vinegar mixed with dish detergent, foggers, gnat styx, insecticide for flying insects and nothing works. I don't think the pests are gnats or fruit flies.

Can anyone suggest what they might be. They seem to have laid eggs in my carpet and I don't know how to get rid of them. I sleep with my head under the cover to prevent them from biting me. I also cover my mouth and ear so they won't fly into them. I NEED HELP

Home and Garden Pest Control GnatsJuly 15, 2016
🐛
📓
🌻
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Getting-Rid-of-Gnats-in-My-Carpet-1.html