Getting Rid of Mice Naturally

Is there a way to naturally repel mice from a home besides a cat, lol?

By Cathy

Best Answer

"Mashed potato powder or buds. Place instant mashed potato powder or buds in strategic places with a dish of water close by. After eating the powder or buds mice will need water. This causes fatal bloating."

Source: Michigan State University Extension, Home Maintenance and Repair - 01500631

Best Answer

Peppermint. I plant peppermint around my house and use the leaves to make a spray which I use inside. Rodents do not like it. Haven't had a mouse in years.

You can use glue traps and use mineral oil to remove them safely. I don't know about repelling them. You can buy those sound things in the store to repel but I do not know if it works. Good luck!

The only thing that works great is the "things at the store' they give off a sound only unwanted guests hear. Mice will not come around at all. I have used them for years,back when you had to order from factory.

Places where you may not have an outlet (in my garage) I put cinnamon sprinkled around back of cabinets,in front to anywhere they could hide.I make sure no water gets in,mice go for the water to drink.

Good luck! I hate rodents so I always use these measures just in case.

Hi I wanted to come back and tell you that red pepper works also. Any kind of Cajun pepper does the trick I guess mice do not like the smell of it, much less the taste. Once again good luck.
I still would take the money and purchase the sound devices. They work for years and you never need to worry again. Unless you do not have outlet then try the cinnamon or Cajun pepper.