Getting Rid of Skunks

How can I get rid of a skunk that walks across my patio every night and lets go! It wakes me up and the stench is awful sometimes fuming up the entire house.

By KO

There are electronic devices you can buy that emit a sound skunks don't care for and they stay away. Do a search on Gogle or go to Amazon and you can find them. Another option is a dog. A mid to big size dog. You could also just ask at a Lowes or Home Depot and they may have something.

Use a cage to trap him in and then get rid of him, or let him go somewhere else.

If you catch them in a cage how do you move the cage with out getting sprayed?

please don't relocate a skunk in a place anyone lives,the middle divider of a expressway would be fine

My old stand-by sprinkle some moth balls along the edge. There has to be a reason why the skunk is spraying; that is their only line of defense and they use the spray only as a last resort.

They hiss, stamp their feet in warning before they spray as they have only a limited amount to use. You have have feral cats coming onto your patio. Is there food there that is attracting both?

I would go to google.com and type in getting rid of skunks in yard. A lot of good answers pop up. I would forget the moth balls they are more of a danger to you and pets than the skunk. Some of the responses are, shoot the skunk, use a trap, place ammonia soaked rags about the property, find the den and fill it in after placing a screen over the top of the den. The night critters are looking for food from either you as a source or grubs in the lawn. Last resort is to hire an exterminator.