Getting Rid of Spiders Without Pesticides

I have seen white tail spiders in the corner of my 3 month old baby's room, I don't want to use chemicals. I have cleaned up and washed, vacuumed etc., what natural deterrents can I use?

By Ann M

I was told that spiders do not like the odor of hedge apples, the large, pale green, lumpy fruit of the hedge bushes. Just place the hedge apple on a small plate or in a small bowl and set somewhere near where the spiders are. I did try this and it seemed to work, though like most natural solutions, it will take some time. The hedge apple will, in time, dry up and you can discard it. Let me now if this works.

Hedgeapples work well. I have used them. I put a hedgeapple in each room of our house and I have not had a spider web to clean! I used to spray my house with Home Defense but the hedgeapples work better!