Getting Rid of a Wart Near My Eye

I have a wart growing just below my left lower eyelid. I'd like to find a way to get rid of it naturally, but with it being so close to my eye, I'm a bit worried. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

By Kristi Y.

Best Answer

Please go to a dermatologist to have it removed. If you have insurance it will probably not be too expensive. Don't take chances with you face and around your eyes.

Anonymous
Best Answer

Your sight is too precious to be risking home/self remedies for something so close to your eyes so please go to your doctor. Even if you can't afford it all at once they will make payment arrangements with you.

Best Answer

I don't think there is a "natural" way to remove a wart. I would not use the over the counter remedies for something so close to your eye. You should consult a doctor. I have heard that duct tape(the silver kind) placed over a wart for a couple of weeks will kill the wart.

I have not tried this myself, so couldn't say if it worked or not, or if it had the same success rate as swinging a dead cat around your head three times, but it is sort of natural, and is something you could try if you are patient.

Best Answer

I had exactly the same problem a few years ago. Developed a wart less than a half inch from the inner corner of my eye. Since over-the-counter remedies cannot be used near the eyes, I went online and Googled wart remedies. I kept seeing people talk about vinegar, cotton, and duct tape. I bought some Q-Tips, pulled a bit off of one, wet it with vinegar (squeezing the excess vinegar out of it), placed it on the wart (being very careful not to get vinegar in my eye), and placed a piece of clear duct tape over it.

It took two-three weeks to work, and I probably looked a bit strange to the folks I worked with, but it totally got rid of the wart. Not even a scar, and it has never come back. It might work just using the tape and no vinegar, too, but I'm not sure. Good luck.

Anonymous
Best Answer

Wanted to add one more thing. You really do need to have a doctor take care of the wart not just to be careful of your eyesite but also because HPV causes warts and being that near a moist surface like your eye might cause it to spread.