Getting Rid of an Ant Nest in Rose Bush Tub

I have an ant nest in my rose bush. The bush is planted in a tub. How do a get rid of the ants?

You can use ant bait or spearmint spray.

I am of the anti chemical side so I will tell you what works for me and it is very inexpensive as I can sometimes get it from the dollar store... cinnamon. Plain old pantry cinnamon. Sprinkle it in the dirt. They don't like it and it disrupts their scent paths. You will have to reapply it when it rains and it may take a few treatments. My friend adds mint spray to her repertoire and sprays it on the ants and if she finds the hill she douses it with the spray. I think she found a recipe on YouTube. I haven't tried it for ants, but mint packs work on keeping mice out of basements. That I have done.

Good luck! Hope a natural method works for you! It is safe for the plant, pets and kiddos.

I found that Cinnamon powder or Baby powder is a deterrent for ants. Just sprinkle it in the dirt of your planter and they will soon leave !!

so it's tough that it's so near the flower bush because you don't want to upset the plant

but the best way to get rid of an ant's nest I've found is to boil water with orange peels in it, and then douse the nest with it. Instant annihilation, and zero chemicals! If it's impossible due to proximity of rose bush, then probably just something with an insecticide

Yes, the orange peel really works. If you have potted plants it's really easy but also works on outdoor plants.

Like this: youtu.be/qqr9Lyb1KZs

Worm castings:
vermisterra.com/.../ , buildasoil.com/.../8787365-some-really-cool-and-effective...
&
Diatomaceous Earth:
gardenerspath.com/.../ , npic.orst.edu/.../de.html

Anonymous

thanks!