ChildrenGifts

Gift Idea: Children's Craftbox

Christmas is coming soon and thoughts have already turned to gift giving for the grandsons. This year will be different. My husband had a brain bleed last October and is no longer able to work, so funds are limited.

Grandma always bought the best toys that lasted for a day or two and were forgotten. I decided a useful gift might be in order this year. For my 7 year old grandson who loves to be creative and make things, I am working on a craft box. It will be stocked with assorted items to make the crafts he sees on his children's TV shows.

The box will have safety scissors, crayons, colored pencils, glue, tape, construction paper, markers (washable, of course) ruler, felt of different colors, along with things I have seen listed as supplies for the crafts like toilet paper tubes, paper towel tubes, sea shells, etc.

I believe it will be something that he will enjoy and use the rest of the year. No batteries required, just lots of imagination! : )

By HerkDia from Baltimore, MD

This is a great idea! I might use this for my friend's kids' next birthday!