Gift Ideas for an Ailing Friend

This is just a small tip, but I hope it will be helpful.

I have cancer and so many people have been so kind and sent me all kinds of cards to remember me: get well cards, I'm thinking of you, I'm praying for you - all lovely!

But I was keeping them bound together in a drawer. So one day I decided to use the cards as bookmarks. That way, when I felt low or sick, I could always re-read the cards and be reminded that although I felt alone that particular day, someone was thinking of me! And even though I would re-read the cards when I was having a bad day, now I had the card right in my hand.

If I could take one more minute for something really important. Please, if you know someone who is sick, please don't forget them! If you sent one card, throw in another postcard or a picture your child colored, throw it in the mail.

As a sick person, my world has become very small. I live for texts, mail, emails-anything. I can't participate on holidays, get-togethers, birthdays, etc., so when people write me about their lives, it's wonderful for me! I love to write back and tell them what's happening in my life too.

I have a good friend in another state. If we lived near each other I know we'd see each other. She would give the shirt off her back for me and I'd do the same for her. But when I got sick last year, things changed. I never got even a card from her. It hurt at first, but I know she's scared. I'm scared too sometimes! But my wish would be that she'd reach down deep, get past the fear and remember me more often.

Well, it's a tiny tip and one that I'm sure you heard before, but it was important to me, to remind myself that people loved me still and had not forgotten me.

Better Living FriendshipNovember 14, 2012
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Gift-Ideas-for-an-Ailing-Friend.html