Giving Cookies as Gifts

Category Food
Homemade cookies are a great gift idea, fun to make and more fun to eat. This is a guide about giving cookies as gifts.

During the holidays I'd like to give small gifts as a sign of friendship and appreciation to many people that I deal with all year long. Since I am NOT rich, I try to make things and thought I'd share some ideas with my Thrifty Friends!

This year, while cutting out some sugar cookies, I realized that the BELL shape looked like a sitting yogi. So I iced them that way to give out to my yoga instructor and yoga mates!

Square cookies could be made to look like books (for a book club or Friends of the Library group) or into stamps or even envelopes for the postal carrier, postmaster or even into a box to your UPS/FEDEX delivery person!

Just thought I'd share these ideas and a photo of my Yoga Cookies.

My Great Aunt is 93 years old and she lives in the Southwest. This summer I bought a beautiful Christmas tin at a garage sale for only 50 cents.

Then I baked her some Christmas cookies, and sealed the top of the tin with plastic wrap.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

My husband's a life-time member of VVA-Vietnam Veterans of America. So this year I offered to donate items for their basket auction in January which will be held after the spaghetti dinner. The son-in-law of one of our members lost his life in Afghanistan and the chapter has named a scholarship in his memory. There have been many area high school students who applied and have won the scholarship to help pay part of their college tuition.

So I've been very busy trying to get every thing done before their annual dinner.

I've made 6 large and 3 small jars of Hot Cocoa, Hot Chocolate Mocha and Hot Cappucchino Mixes. And also several sugar-free mixes.

I just baked 2 lbs. of Classic Sugar Cookies, made a product tag and will attach it to the cookie tin. I took a picture of the cookies and created a tag using a Microsoft Document. I printed the tag on an adhesive mailing label attached it to a piece of thin cardboard, and cut it out using pinking shears.

By MCW from Lewiston, NY

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I have done a lot of cookie baking. I would like suggestions on how to present these gifts-packaging, etc, for the WOW! response they deserve.

Linda from Vista, CA

Answers

Best Answer

You can find nice platters, baskets, and other containers at the Dollar Store for $1.00 each. Last year, I bought Dollar Store pizza pans, and found (also at the dollar store) some extra large ziplock bags that the pan fit into. Just add a pretty stick-on bow, or a bundle of curly ribbon and a gift tag

Harlean from Arkansas

Best Answer

Hi, Linda, you can also find some really pretty plates at thrift shops, antique shops, even "junk" stores, etc.

By sue (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I like to take a box the size of a boot box with a solid white bottom and just wrap the top with wrapping paper. Then line it with foil or saran then fill it up with the bakery.

Tie ribbon around the whole thing to keep it closed. This method has produced pretty inpressive results for me when the receiver see's rows and rows of cookies.

By Tandy (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I use tin buckets to package gifts that are handmade. They can then be used again by the person getting the gift.

Best Answer

You can also buy new, undecorated paint cans at any hardware store. They are just plain silver color.

Editor's Note: Here's an article about it:

http://www.thri … 6423721.tip.html