Glazing Kitchen Cabinets

Category Kitchen
This is a guide about glazing kitchen cabinets. You may want to add glaze to your cabinets to give them an antique look.

In layman's terms, what are the steps to glazing kitchen cabinets? Mine "so" need an uplift, and I can't afford to have it done professionally. I would love some tips and pictures if you have some to share. Thanks!

By Judy from Collierville, TN

Answers

Search for "how to glaze kitchen cabinets" lot of pix & info there, good luck.

Hello, how about painting them? Lightly sand down so the paint will have a 'key', remove all dust and grease, and paint. Maybe purchase a 'finish' brush and you could finish with dragging, liming, or stippling or just nice and plain. Then purchase new knobs or handles and hey presto, its done! I have done this myself a couple of times for people and I am about to do my own soon. Much cheaper than new units or doors and if you take your time, a good professional finish.

I want to refinish my cabinets to look like the amaretto cream glaze finish. Can someone tell me how do you this?

By cindy from Terrell, TX

Answers

It is very easy to do but is very time consuming too. I would suggest you go the "This Old House" website and do a search. They have many suggestions there for redoing cabinets and you will find other ideas as well.

I subscribe to their newsletter and have learned a lot. I think many times the "amaretto" you speak of is just water based stain that is applied and most of it is wiped off. But you should do some research on it to be sure.