Gluing Two Parts of Glass Dessert Stand Together

I have a square glass decorative dessert plate that was on a stand, like a cake stand. I took it out of the dishwasher and the two pieces were separated completely. There were remnants of the clear glue or adhesive that was used originally on both pieces. I could peel it off and it was hardened. What can I use to put this glass plate back together so that it will withstand hot water when washed?

By EC

There is a china glue by Lepage on the market or get a glue for glass. If the dessert stand falls apart so easily, perhaps it should hand-washed and dried in water that is less hot than a dishwasher.