Gluten Free Chocolate Cookies
These gluten free cookies are so good no one will know the difference if you don't tell them.
Total Time: baking about 8-10 minutes, between prep, cooling and baking abou
Yield: about 2 dozen, depending on the size
- 2 1/4 cup gluten free ready flour (I used Domata)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar (you can use 3/4 brown and white instead) Brown sugar makes the cookie a bit sweater
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 12 oz package of your favorite chocolate chips, or chunks
- 1 cup of walnuts or pecans, if you like ( I didn't use)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a small bowl, set aside.
- Beat the soft butter, brown and white sugar until very smooth and creamy. One by one, add the eggs. Continue to beat until blended.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients until just mixed. Since this is gluten free, the texture and look will be slightly different. The batter will be a bit looser.
- I like to let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 1/2 to firm the butter up, note the dough will not firm up like when you use regular flour. On a non-greased cookie pan place the size of dough drop you desire. Bake 8-10. Watch the cookies, they go from soft to crisp fast. Let cool on pan a few minutes, transfer to wire rack.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!