Gluten Free Lemon Bars
January 22, 2016
These are the best lemon bars I've ever tasted. I tweaked the recipe a little to make them gluten free so my mom could enjoy them, too. Easy to make and delicious!
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 9-12 depending on how you cut them
Source: Bethel Methodist Church cookbook
- 1/2 cup butter-softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup gluten free Bisquick
- Pam cooking spray
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp gluten free Bisquick
- zest from 1 large lemon
- juice from 1 large lemon
- powdered sugar
- Combine softened butter, sugar and gluten free Bisquick in a bowl and mix together until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Spray a 9x9 inch baking dish with Pam. Be sure to get the sides sprayed well too.
- Press crumb mixture into the bottom of dish. Pack down well, especially around the edges.
- Bake this at 350 degrees F for 15-17 minutes until edges are brown.
- While this is cooking mix the eggs, sugar and Bisquick together in a bowl. Grate lemon peel from a large lemon and then juice the lemon and add to mixture. Beat on medium speed until blended.
- Once the crust is finished cooking, pour the wet mixture on top of crust. Be sure to stir the mixture up real good right before pouring over crust.
- Return to oven and continue baking until top is golden; about 20 minutes.
- When done remove from oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar. While still hot, take a spatula and gently go around the edges of the dish. This will make removal easier once it has cooled.
- Once it is cooled, cut into squares and enjoy!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.