Healthy Gluten Free Banana Cookies
Following a gluten free diet diet does not mean you can never have another cookie. Give these a try. This is a page about healthy gluten free banana cookies.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Don't pitch out those overripe bananas, make some cookies! When freshly baked, these cookies are crispy on the outside and gummy on the inside. When stored in a container, they lose some of the crispness but are still yummy. They are gluten free, healthy, low in sugar and have no added fat. I figured that each cookie has approximately 52 calories.
Total Time: less than an hour
Yield: 9 two inch cookies
Source: I have seen several versions of this type cookie using oatmeal. I decided to try Rice Chex and found that it has a different taste and different texture.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup crushed Rice Chex
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. I used my toaster oven.
- Place banana on a plate and mash it with a fork until mushy.
- Place Rice Chex in a bowl and crush them with your hands. It takes almost 2 cups to make 1 cup of crushed.
- Cut each raisin in half (optional).
- Stir Rice Chex, banana and raisins in a medium mixing bowl until mixed well.
- Place foil on a small baking sheet and spray it with Pam.
- Make 9 balls and place them on the foil.
- Press each ball down until it is cookie shaped.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees F or until browned.
- Remove from pan and cool on a rack.
Have some bananas getting ripped? You can make this healthy banana cookie bites, packed with a lot of nutrition and kid approved! Feel free to substitute any ingredient you don't like to create your own recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 13-15 minutes
Total Time: 23-25 minutes
Yield: 15 pieces
- 3 bananas
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut chips
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp bakers extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- On stove top, warm coconut oil so it will not be solid.
- In a bowl, mash bananas and vanilla extract.
- Combine ingredients into the bowl (oats, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes, cacao powder, and mix.
- Gently mix in chocolate chips and line baking sheet with parchment.
- Scoop onto parchment and bake for 13-15 minutes or until nicely browned.