AdviceDogs

Golden Retriever and Pomeranian Mix

My beautiful girl is Zoey. She's a Golden Retriever and Pomeranian. Her breed is very rare and my mom and I can't seem to estimate roughly how big she'll get. When we got her at 8 weeks she was 6.4 lbs. Now at 17 weeks she's 13 lbs exactly. She has big paws, but short stubby legs with a long body. She is absolutely precious. Her personality is so unique and personable it's amazing. I was wondering if I could get some help from past/present Golden Retriever and Pomeranian mix owners.

By xx.cassandra-lee.xx

Your Zoey is a beautiful little girl but there is no such thing as a rare Golden Retriever/Pomeranian mix. Any more than any other cross-breed. And why would anyone ever consider mating a large breed to such a small one. And with no disrespect why would you want to cross-breed any dog when there's hundreds of pedigree ones to choose from.

She is a beautiful baby! I know that you love her dearly. She will probably be smaller that a Golden, but much larger than a Pom. I know that doesn't help much, but it is hard to say with a cross whose parents are so different in size. Your baby is an original. Just love her for herself and celebrate her size whatever it might be.
And please give that adorable baby a great big "smooch" for me!

I know this is old, but how big is your dog now? I just adopted this guy from the pound and they told me he was a golden retriever, but his paws are pretty small and I'm worried he won't be a big dog. I want a dog that'll be at least 50 lbs.

she's so beautiful! I came across your little zoey while researching the breed. :)