Good Friday Porridge Recipe
April 14, 2017
As we celebrate Holy Week, Roman Catholics are not allowed to eat pork, chicken and any other red meat every Good Friday. It is part of our beliefs and tradition. During this time, we have already practiced not cooking our regular heavy meal. Here's one recipe I would like to share that most of us prepare in every home.
- 1 cup rice
- 1 l water
- 1/2 cup fishball
- 3 eggs (sliced into cubes)
- 1 Tbsp cheese (sliced into cubes)
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 fish cube seasoning
- ground nuts (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute minced garlic, minced onion and sliced fishballs along with the fish cube. Cook until golden brown.
- Add a small amount of water and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice, stir and let simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the water and keep stirring the porridge from time to time as it simmers. This is to avoid the rice from sticking together as it cooks. Add salt and pepper to taste. You'll know it's ready when the rice expands and the soup becomes sticky.
- Pour in the cheese cubes and stir again as it simmers until it slightly melts in the soup.
- Remove from fire and stir in the sliced eggs.
- Serve in a bowl topped with sliced eggs and ground peanuts.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.