Gray Hair Dye Is Too Blue

I used a shimmering color by Fierra. My hair turned blue. It was suppose to be silver. How do I get this blue out.

Thank you!

Best Answer

Silver is a blue base color. If you do not have enough natural pigment in the hair, the blue will dominate.

A very dilute color remover might remove just enough of the blue to give you the desired silver color. If you try this approach, be sure to do a strand test first to determine the strength of color remover and application time.

Blue in hair coloring is a very unstable color. It fades more quickly than other colors. If you can wait it out, a couple weeks from now and a few extra shampoos might lift enough of the blue to give you the desired shade. It's worth a try. Adding 'counteractive' colors could cause you to end up with green hair.

Is it possible for a salon to get the blue out and color? I have a May graduation. Im washing it and conditioning it. No improvement. It was first bleached 4 weeks ago. I added silver color April 11 or 12. Thank you

The hair color was too cool. You need something with an orange undertone to cancel it out. Go to a beauty supply store.

If you are showing a photo of the color of you hair now, all I can say is ----it is beautiful !! The absolutely "in thing" is putting color in older person, I would not do a thing-------I love it !!