Growing Euonymus

Category Shrubs
These easy to grow small trees or low shrubs are valuable for garden design. The color-filled foliage of the burning bush is a popular variety.

I did a previous post on using Euonymus fortunei Emerald Gaiety as a foundation planting. My last picture in the post left you looking at some tiny Euonymus plants I had rooted. It also showed a dead Bermuda lawn. (I killed it). The picture can be seen here: Euonymus

Today, I ripped out my dying pansies in preparation to planting summer flowers. With my sunken tubs bare, I realized just how much the Euonymus had grown.

I remember stating in the last post that within two years the Euonymus should have covered the foundation wall. This post is to show just how much it has grown in one year.

I have already trimmed it once as it was getting higher than the wall. I also trimmed it to help it fill out more at its base. Not bad for one year's growth. I love this stuff.

And of course, this post gives me another opportunity to show off my beloved Falcon Four grass. Yes!

It'll be a cold day when I plant Bermuda, again!

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

Photo Description
My little community has a lovely pond in the middle of the complex. We have gold fish, three little "waterfalls" and this unique bush. It has green, yellow, and green and yellow leaves. It's very peaceful to sit and just listen.

Photo Location
Stayton, OR

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

This is a page about growing a burning bush. Easy to grow and prized for its fall foliage, the burning bush makes a nice addition to your garden.

Burning bush, fall foliage.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Gardening ShrubsMay 31, 2020
🌻
🎆
👔
😎
😷
🐛

Generated 2020-06-01 23:10:10 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️