Growing Marantas (Prayer Plants)

Category House Plants
Marantas (Prayer Plant)
Given the right conditions marantas (prayer plants) are an easy to grow houseplant. This is a guide about growing marantas (prayer plant).

I have had a nice praying plant for years now, sometimes the edges turn brown while the rest of the plant looks healthy and now it's even growing more spotted leaves, but the older ones still have brown edges. I wonder what I'm doing wrong. Does anyone have the same problem or can help me here? I attached a photo it shows new leaves, but some old ones have brown edges.

By lahib

Some times when a plant gets the brown crispy edges, it is a result from over fertilizing. Some plants create their own nitrogen. I also have one of these plants. I have noticed that when I use a fertilizer, it seems shortly after I am trimming off a leaf that has turned brown and crusty on the ends. I would guess the over fertilizing could be it.

I also have this plant. I have noticed that after I fertilize, I end up trimming off leaves that have dried up and turned brown. Some plants create there own nitrogen. My guess is our plants don't need the fertilizer. Happy Gardening!

I bought a prayer plant because it reminded me of my mother. Well, I guess I don't have a green thumb when it comes to these plants, the leaves are turning brown and falling off. Could I get some advice on how to take care of it. Thanks.

By LaurieS

It could be a lack of moisture or that the plant is receiving too much light. They like low to medium indirect light. I would change it's location and make sure that you water it regularly. Hopefully, it will make a comeback.

Another idea is to talk to a local garden center to see what they recommend. You could go back to the place you purchased the plant originally to see what they think.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Can someone please show a diagram, where should I cut a prayer plant with yellowing leaves?

How do you replant and separate prayer plants?