Hanging A Birdfeeder

To secure a bird feeder and keep the squirrels from getting to it, use fishing to hang it. The squirrels have a difficult time hanging onto the line.

By Tammie from Auburn, GA

I would like to have a bird feeder on my back deck, but I am concerning about having "droppings" on the deck. Is there any particular design that would be good to help avoid this aspect of having a bird feeder. My deck has a railing all around it so possibly there is some way I could position a feeder that would work.

Thank you.

By Sally P.

Answers

Check right at Lowes or online at Amazon.com
I recently shopped for one that clamps onto my deck & had to look extra hard to find one that hangs inside of my deck. The style you would want, hanging towards the outside fo your deck, is much mpre available.

I have in fact saw one right at Lowes and a number of them online at Amazon.com. Just put deck clamp hanger in the search box and a nice variety will pop up.

Answer this Question

The ground underneath a bird feeder can easily become littered with scattered seed. This is a page about keeping things tidy beneath a birdfeeder.

A bunch of birds at an garden birdfeeder.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

A simple bird feeder outside my office window is within my line of vision while I work. I can see and hear birds while I work. It's nice and relaxing background music and a way to bring the outdoors in.

Home and Garden Gardening Birds & Bird HousesOctober 23, 2012
🌻
😷
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Hanging-A-Birdfeeder.html