Healthy Microwave Popcorn

I'd been thinking about buying a popcorn machine for the longest time after I found out just how surprising unhealthy microwaveable popcorn was. It is full of chemicals and preservatives! I had no clue. All you need for some perfect fresh popcorn is some popcorn kernels, a microwaveable bowl, a microwaveable plate that fits on top of it, and, if you so desire, a pat of butter (I prefer coconut oil).

Pour your kernels into your bowl. Here, I did about 1/3 of a cup. Place your plate on top. Put a pat of butter on the plate.

Microwave for about 2 1/2 minutes. You'll notice you have a bowl of popcorn and a plate with melted butter.

Using oven mitts, take out the bowl and plate, tip the melted butter on to the popcorn (salt if you want), and enjoy! You will probably have some unpopped kernels. Save them for the next round!

Thanks for this tip! Didn't know how to do popcorn in microwave without using the pre-bagged stuff. Glad to know this and will start buying regular popcorn kernels now.

Where do they sell plates with the hole. Never seen them before.

I don't think the plate has holes, I think it is just a design with lines and spots.

I never knew, kettle corn is so easy to make !

Great idea! I knew you could put the kernals into a regular paper bag in the microwave, but I've always wondered if there is something toxic in those bags too.

I once bought a glass container for popping in the microwave, but it was too tall for my oven. I don't know why I didn't think of using my pyrex casserole dish, but your tip just helped me make the connection. Good thinking!

I have a hot air popper, but I always want to do it in the microwave. Thanks for the tip!

Thank you so much for sharing this!!!

Anonymous

gr8 idea.
Thanks for sharing!

Food and Recipes Food Tips SnacksJuly 22, 2015
😷
🌻
😎
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Healthy-Microwave-Popcorn.html