Helping a Cat With a Crossbite

Category Cats
A malalignment of your kitty's teeth can result in a crossbite. This condition can evaluated by a vet for correction or treatment. This is a guide about helping a cat with a crossbite.

My cat has a crossbite. His upper jaw is a bit longer on one side than the other. His upper front gum on the left side bleeds sometimes when his lower fang on the front sits on the pocket. It does scab over, but sometimes when he drinks, licks, or eats the scab comes off and then he bleeds again.

Is there any way I can get him to stop bleeding completely or how long will it take for him to heal completely? He was swollen at this gum area a couple of months ago, but the swelling is almost completely down. It's just the bleeding part I'm kind of worried about. He is 15 months old. Is he always going to be like this? It doesn't bleed a lot or forever. I just want it to stop bleeding for good.

Answers

Have you taken him to your vet to address this problem? The vet can suggest ways to correct the problem permanently. I am sure your kitty is very uncomfortable all the time and in pain most of the time with this condition. Please do not let the suffering continue and take your kitty to your vet for help.

The only thing I can think of is to have that fang removed. Cats don't actually chew their food, so this may be a permanent solution.