History of a Porcelain Doll

I have a ceramic doll that looks like a Cabbage doll about 10" high. She has a blue dress on and is holding a yellow teddy bear.

As far as I know about age is that I can trace back 45 to 50 years. She might be older. The name ED is scratch inside.

By Corey from Terrenceville, Newfoundland, Canada

There is something wrong with your computations.

This is an exact copy of a Cabbage Patch Doll. The dimples, hairstyle, bangs style and length, peter pan collar dress, white buckle baby shoes, small short mouth, large flat close set eyes are all Cabbage Patch.

Cabbage Patch dolls were first introduced in 1982 when the original inventor and artist sold the toy concept to a major toy manufacturing company. They were the toy craze of 1983.

This appears to be an unlicensed Cabbage Patch product created to cash in on the popularity of this toy. ED are probably initials. It may have been sold as a paint-it-yourself item, but I can't be sure of that.
ED may be initials. The Coleco company was the manufacturer of the dolls at the time, so I doubt the product is "official." It is probably circa 1983 or 1984.