Home Repair Help for Low Income Families

I live in Georgia and it is so hard to get help here. The only income we have coming in is my son's SSI. I have seizures, diabetes, thyroid issues, ruptured disks in back and neck and I'm bipolar among other things. I have been waiting for three years for my disability with nothing.

We live in a family home that is 90 years old and is in need of so many things. For starters it needs a roof. There is rotten wood everywhere, the water leaks, only the hot water works in the bathroom, and there is no insulation. My power bill is too high for me to even list it. Our family has helped us til they are at the end of their rope. We have gotten help from every church in town. I need a ramp out front instead of stairs because I almost can't make it up the stairs. Can anyone assist me with advising of any kind of organization that could help us? Thanks for your time and help!

There are government agencies that help low income families, however, they are often difficult to find. A very easy online search for "home repair low income family" produced many responses. You can try a search yourself and this very helpful federal government site:

www.disability.gov/.../