Homemade Apple Cranberry Stuffing Recipe
Apples and cranberries are combined with bread cubes, onions and other savory ingredients to make this delicious stuffing. It makes a wonderful side dish to serve with turkey, chicken or roast pork.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This recipe I have been using for years when I cook a roast pork tenderloin for a Sunday dinner for my family. That is their favorite meal! :) This is mouthwatering.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6 medium-large MacIntosh apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup dried cranberries (Craisins)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning or salt
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 bag Pepperridge Farms Herb Stuffing Mix
- 1/2 - 1 cup hot water if needed, if it is too thick or dry or chicken broth
- spray oil
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F. Bake for 25 minutes. Spray oil on a covered glass casserole dish.
- Using a chopper or processor, mince onion, celery, and garlic.
- Using a 3 quart saucepan, melt 1 stick of butter, and add the minced vegetables. Stirring this over medium-high heat until veggies are translucent.
- Add the chopped apples and cranberries while stirring around. Add 2 cups of chicken broth, bring to a boil for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add 3/4 bag of seasoned bread stuffing crumbs. Stirring well, until you get the consistency you like. Add more chicken broth if it is too thick. This will thicken more when cooking in the oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or golden crispy brown on top! Delicious served with Pork! Enjoy!
March 3, 20170 found this helpful
I do something similar. I sautee celery and onion in several T. of butter and add it and a shredded apple and walnuts to a box of Stove Top. I make the stove top as per box. Pop it in oven til it heats through.