Homemade Beauty Products

This is a guide about homemade beauty products. You can save money by making your own natural skin and hair treatments for your family and to give as special gifts.

I have been trying to find homemade recipes for skin and hair care products made from foods or other natural remedies. Do you have any recipes or web sites to make our own skin and hair care products?

By Wanda from FL

Answers

Best Answer

Skin tightening tea treatment.
My favorite natural skin treatment is very simple. It's not really something you could package and sell, but you could use it as a treatment if you were giving someone a facial.

Make a cup of hot tea using either green tea or regular Lipton tea. Squeeze out the excess tea from the used tea bag and let the tea bag cool off. After the tea bag is cooled off and not dripping wet, you can pat it all over your face, especially the eyes. Be gentle so you don't rip open the tea bag. Continue for about 2 minutes. Don't dry off; let your face air dry. You can feel your skin tightening up and it feels clean and refreshed. You can follow up with some aloe vera gel. Also, don't forget to enjoy that healthy cup of tea. Just remove the tea bag before adding any sugar or whatever.

I need some natural, homemade remedies to get rid of wrinkles, tighten skin, and naturally dye hair (dark brown). Any ideas? The person I am giving this to has hair that is about 60% grey/white. I don't want to make her hair green or pink or something if it doesn't work. Thank you.

By Lena from Portland, ME

Answers:

Homemade Beauty Products

You can try rinsing your hair in a mixture of strong sage tea and rosemary after using the shampoos that are made for certain types of hair e.g. brunette, blondes, etc. and often have either henna or chamomile in them.

Even so, I doubt they will be that successful on hair like yours. I used to do it when my hair was mainly my original shade and it just about worked, but later as I ended up with more white, it didn't work very well at all. But it's worth a go. (12/01/2009)

By Angie

Homemade Beauty Products

Tighten skin: in the past I've used egg whites on the face, but sometimes you can forget to take it off and it can feel really strange. You could also try vitamin E capsules on wrinkles on the face, but would keep away from the eyes. (12/01/2009)

By Angie

Homemade Beauty Products

Try recipegoldmine they have tons and tons of homemade beauty recipes. (12/02/2009)

By micksgirl

Homemade Beauty Products

EssentialDaySpa.com is a website that offers a lot of DIY recipes and such. This is their page that is a sort of recipe index: essentialdayspa.com and you can dig through the forum for all sorts of information. (12/07/2009)

By KitKap