Saving Money On Health And Beauty Products

Have you been told that mayonnaise is a great conditioner for your hair? How about making your own sugar scrub for your face, or egg white for a facial mask. I read that glue spread onto your face is good as a face mask.

Now for the facts. Science has spent years and millions to find the best products for our hair and skin. There are many inexpensive products that work wonderfully. Food is to be eaten, not smeared on our face and in our hair. Forget it.

Get recommendations from your friends or the Internet to find what you might like too. You can read reviews on Amazon for cosmetics to see what might meet your needs.

I hold to one exception; baking soda. I know it does many unconventional things, so you can experiment.

As for sugar scrubs; not for me! I tried it once, and my hairline was sticky, as well as behind my ears, and around the sink. Leave the sugar in the kitchen, and read reviews for store bought scrubs that are even better.

Editor's Note: This is certainly a debatable argument. Tell us whether you agree or disagree in the feedback.

More Solutions

I will start out by saying, use caution when CVSing its easy to get caught up and spend more than you planned! There prices are a bit high so use caution when comparing prices and make sure the extra bucks make up for it!

Bottles of shampoo or lotion.

I love the feeling I get from wearing a perfume that smells wonderful on me, but don't appreciate the expense and disappointment when a scent doesn't compliment my body chemistry just right.

Kelly Ann Butterbaugh

In the days when soap was boring and bland, brands like Bath and Body Works were a refreshing break from the normal. Now, almost every brand has followed through with similar products from foaming pump soaps to body washes.

Medicine Cabinet

Think you can't survive without your must-have pricy eye cream or moisturizer? Your skin will survive for a few months, maybe even longer, on lower priced skin care products you can find at the drugstore.

I no longer color my hair, which saves us some money. But, when I did color my hair, I would buy my supplies at a beauty supply store. Much cheaper than the drug store brands.

After our baby was born, I wasn't working and I went to the hair salon to buy my hair products and simply couldn't pay the $76 of product I was buying. So, I started buying better drugstore items and found there is no difference.

Free beauty samples are yours for the taking. You just have to know where to look! You can stock up by signing up for free samples online or doing it the old fashioned way: Visit all of the beauty counters at all of your local malls and go "shopping."

Tips for using the last little bit of beauty items and cosmetics. Post your ideas.

Answers

If you put your lipstick in the fridge and use a fine brush to apply, you can gather the last little bits you may otherwise discard.

I also add a little moisturiser to my foundation to make it go a bit further.

Hope this helps!

Julie

By Melissa (Guest Post)

When my lipgloss runs out, I pull the wand out put the tube in the microwave for about 20 seconds and it loosens the gloss off the sides!

By Melissa (Guest Post)

When my eye shadow is running low, I mix it with vaseline. It gives the shadow a soft look.

I also put my lipstick on and then dab my lips with vaseline. It takes a matte lipstick to look like a gloss and gives you two different lip looks.

Anonymous

RE LIPSTICK:

Recently, out of desperation, I found out something great. When my lipstick reaches the point where I can no longer directly apply it to my lips, all is not lost. I take a Q-Tip and scoop a little from the base and voila! There are at least 10 or more applications left.
My desperation came from the fact that this particular color is no longer made.
It is the story of my life that if I find a color that I love, be it eyeshadow, blusher, lipstick ... it soon goes out and they stop making it.
Does anyone else have this problem???
I would love to hear from you. Is ther any way to get a shade very close to it. I had a lip pencil which I used and used till there was no way. I could not find it any where.
Anjeena

I am looking for discount grocery stores/outlets that carry health and beauty products in PA? It doesn't have to be in Ephrata, anywhere in PA would be worth looking into. Thanks in advance!

By lily4 from Ephrata, PA

Health and beauty items that you don't use or want to use for their intended purpose can often be put to a different use such as using lotions for shaving. If unopened they could be donated to a shelter. This is a page about using it up health and beauty products.

Health and Beauty Products

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1
Load More
Health & Beauty AdviceAugust 28, 2012
🌻
🐰
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Saving-Money-On-Health-And-Beauty-Products.html