Homemade Chili Powder
Let's make some spicy seasoning. These past few days, chilies had been flooding our front yard. Its red bulb shaped fruits are adorable but a lot of it falling and getting to waste. I collected the fresh ones that had just fallen and harvested the ripe ones. Look what I made out of 2 kg. of my harvest.
- red ripe chilies
- 1/4 tsp iodized fine salt (optional)
- Wash the chilies with water.
- Place them in a flat tray and dry under the sun for 1 to 2 days or until it dries. It should look like the one in the photo. When you try to touch its skin's brittle or easily breaks.
- Now, remove the pedicels (stem attached to the fruit) and put the dried chilis in a blender. You can add a little bit of salt to add a hint of flavor but that's not necessary. Spin at highest speed several times until a powdery consistency is achieved.
- This is the finished product. After several high spins on the blender it will turn out like this.
- You can transfer powder in glass jars and use them in your recipes.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!