Homemade Chili Powder

If you've grown or bought fresh chilies, you can dry and powder them to make your own seasoning This guide is about homemade chili powder.

My boyfriend likes his food hot and spicy. I do too, to a point. I like to add hot peppers into the food, but can't always have those peppers on hand. Last year, I planted many pepper plants. After picking the peppers, I sliced them lengthwise and put them in the dehydrator. Once dried, I used the coffee grinder to make my own hot pepper powder. Works great in just about any recipe for a little bit of hot!

By Judy

By tina (Guest Post)

my family has as far back that i can remember has strung the hot peppers. we would get a big needle and heavy thread then proceed to string up the peppers -then hang them up to dry they turn red -when you want one just pull it off the string and use for whatever- we put it in our bean soup -oh so good. my dad would also fry them -sure cleaned out the sinuses

By (Guest Post)

Ohhhh, I's be sure not to use the grinder for coffee again!!