Homemade Cuticle Sticks

Category Nail Tips
It's easy to make your own cuticle sticks from a bamboo skewer you may already have in a drawer in your kitchen. Just cut and sand down the cut edge and it's ready to use.

I still do my nails at home and part of my thrifty routine is to remove the cuticles by soaking my hand in soapy water then you gently push back and shape the cuticles with a cuticle stick. What if I don't have a cuticle stick, well, I just make one in a jiffy out of a bamboo skewer! Every kitchen has these laying at the bottom of the utility drawer. Look and see how easy it is to make.

1. Look for a bamboo skewer all you need is one. They can be any size length whateveris easiest for you to hold. Most of them are 5 inches long, if you need a measurement.
  2. Cut or snap off 5 inches, keeping in mind you want the clean edge pointed end with the 5 inches.

I used wire snips but you can use scissors.
  3. Find some old sandpaper. Put it flat on the table and press the wrong end of the stick at the furthest end of the sand paper, drawing it toward you at an angle over and over again until you have a nice flat edge (see in the picture)

Now you're ready to go. You'll never have to buy another cuticle stick for sure! Less expensive too.

Health & Beauty Beauty Nail TipsSeptember 8, 2019
🌻
🎃
🎂