Homemade Dog Food Recipe?

I would like a homemade dog food recipe for my two dogs. Thanks.

By Sue

This ThrifyFun posting has alot of great ideas for you!

www.thriftyfun.com/.../Homemade-Dog-Food-Recipes.html

I have been making my dog food like this:
I cook beef bones or chicken bones for a couple of hours in a large stock pot on low heat. When all bones have cooked down in the water it makes for a very nice broth, then I remove all the bones and add all the odds and ends of vegetables I've been cooking with all week (for ex. carrots, celery ends, potatoes with skins, green beans etc.)

I do not add any onions or garlic salt or pepper to this. I will also add a handful of lentils, quinoa, brown rice I may have leftover and a cup or 2 of rice to the broth and cook until all the veggies are soft.

I have noticed that my dog doesn't take well any broth left on the "mush" so I try to leave it pretty dry.

I mix this with his regular dog food, I try to buy my dog a good dog food so he gets the necessary nutrition from the dog food that may be missing in the homemade food but I notice that I save a lot of dog food by supplementing with homemade food and my dog certainly likes it. I hope this helps.

It has certainly has helped me save some money on dog food, and I know what my dog is getting too. Oh and by the way I got this recipe from "the Hillbilly housewife"

Pets Dogs Dog Food RecipesFebruary 18, 2012
🐛
🌻
😎
📓
😷
Generated 2020-07-22 07:47:26 in 931 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Homemade-Dog-Food-Recipe.html