Homemade Window Clings

When I was little, we had a massive sliding glass door to the garden. One day, my mum's friend came over to visit and walked right into the glass door while trying to go outside. Ever since then, we've always put window clings up as a precaution. Now, I make them from scratch so they can look how I want! These stickies are non-toxic, made from white glue, dish soap, and food colouring. This is a fun craft for all ages.

Total Time: 30 minutes plus overnight dry time

1. Mix glue, dish soap, and food coloring together in a bowl.
  2. Place a cookie cutter onto the plastic sheet. Use the paintbrush to drop some of the glue mixture into the cookie cuter.
  3. Pull the glue around with the brush so you have an even layer. Make sure it's not too thick a layer or else it won't set properly.
  4. You can also freehand draw designs or make letters.
  5. Finish making all your designs on the plastic sheet. Allow to dry overnight.
  6. Tap them gently to make sure they are dry, then peel them off the plastic sheet.
  7. Stick on your windows and enjoy the view!

Such a great idea! I usually buy these clings when theyre 90% at Target during seasonal sales :)

I think you'd love making these with your littles! :)

Really neat tip!
Sounds like a great project for a 9-11 year old slumber party as they would be able to make them and see the results to take home with them (we always have supervision).
I will have to post this on our local "Mom's" site.
Thanks - again.
Betty

Awww I love that idea! It would be a nice thing to wake up to them and see them all ready and available to stick. Great idea, Betty!

Cute cute

Thanks, AB!

would they cling to the car windows if so that would be great

Absolutely the would, yes!

Toosa, I shared this with an after school group of 9-12 year olds and told them to think about shapes and things so we could do this next week. You should see some of their ideas and they are wanting to know if they can lay a small leaf on one.
I told them the pieces had to be thin enough to dry but we are going to try it out and see.
Will keep you posted on results but they are really excited about trying this. Most of the kids want to have them for their picture frames and mirrors so I'm really looking forward to helping them as this is just a group we are trying to keep off the streets until their parents get home from work.

Ohhh this makes me so very happy! They will have so much fun with them. The bigger ones that I've made, I dabbed the tiniest amount of water to the backs before sticking and they stayed up beautifully. Let me know how they get along with this!

Crafts Home Decor DecorationsJuly 13, 2018
🐛
👒
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Homemade-Window-Clings.html