Honey (Chow Chow)

Honey is 3 years old and is a Chow Chow. We got Honey as a puppy a few years ago from the Northwest Chow rescue. Honey loves long morning walks, and she especially likes going to the beach. Honey is a really good natured Chow. She is so much fun to have as a member of the family! :-)

By Jess from Hillsboro, OR

Honey has that sweet face of a big teddy bear the same as my very first dog Tinker Toy who was half Chow-Chow and half Spitz. He was my best buddy and looked very much like a red fox with feathered brush tail wagging constantly. Chows are such an old breed, and as such are very strong and extremely smart and strong-willed. With consistent training, they are such great family members willing to do all sorts of tricks and are happy playmates for children.

Toy would play hide-and-seek with my sister and me, would
say his prayers, shake hands, roll over, dance on his hind legs and smile
to show us his teeth.

I know he is waiting at the Rainbow Bridge for me, and it'll be good to see
him again one day.

Thanks for sharing your Honey with us.

Reply Like this photo? Yes