House Training Yorkie Puppies

I have two 3 month old Yorkies. A male and a female (different litters). They insist on being together at all times. They not only poo and pee in their small crate, but they play in it! I am giving them medicine so they will not eat it. I have a puppy pad and I think Nicky (the female) uses it most of the time. It is hard to tell with two of them.

I am home all day, but cannot watch them constantly. Sometimes Tucker (the male) goes to the puppy pad and stands on the edge and the pee goes under the puppy pad holder onto the floor. We live in a canyon with hawks, coyotes, skunks, raccoons, possums, crows, etc. so we cannot let our dogs out. They get fresh air in a play yard that is covered and even then, I have to be out there with them. Needless to say, I am having a difficult time training them. I tried separate crates one night. Tucker kept us up all night crying and howling. I am also concerned that when Tucker starts lifting his leg to pee that it will go all over the walls and everything else. My husband is 80 years old and is not into the puppies, so he doesn't want to hear them or smell them. Help!

By Bonnie