House TrainingDogs

House Trained 10 Month Old Puppy Peeing Inside

I have 10 month old male Yorkie, Brutus, that I am still house training. I take him out to pee at 6am, feed him and then back out to poop. He's allowed to stay out with me until I go to work. I work 9-5 so he's in his cage/crate (that he will not poop/pee in) until I get home then the outside-inside-outside routine repeats itself. He's usually out of the cage for the remainder of the day/night. I take him out every 1-2 hrs. Then he's back to the cage after his last outing, 12mn.

While free in the house, he's not confined to one area. He goes to the door or barks when he needs to go out, but he is still peeing in the house at times. Especially if I'm in a room and do not allow him in. He will pee right in front of that door. I do treats and huge praise, but don't know what else to do. I'm so ready for him to be fully house trained. What am I doing wrong? Is there anything else I can be doing?

By Freda from Vineland, NJ